Fire at the Christian Union Church in Rockford

By: Raquel Moore
By: Raquel Moore

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Freezing pipes are causing more than just water freezing, they are also causing fires. A member of the Christian Union Church on Kilburn Street was trying to unfreeze their pipes, but instead it triggered a fire.

Fire fighters say they had a hard time putting out the fire because they had to cut through the roof to put out the flames. They say about $50,000 in damage was done. Luckily, fireman say no one was hurt in the blaze. The fire began around 5:00 PM.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 244568991 - wifr.com/a?a=244568991