PLATTEVILLE, Wis. (AP) -- Police say it seems a small fire on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus was started when a student tried to make meth.
WKOW-TV reports that the fire started early Saturday. The Rountree Commons dorm was evacuated for about an hour.
Police say a student was trying to cook methamphetamine when the ingredients started a fire in a plastic waste basket. The student put out the fire and emergency crews were called.
Five people suffered smoke-related injuries.
The student was arrested. He's being held on a tentative charge of attempted manufacturing of methamphetamine.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.