Fire at Rockford Business Causes $250,000 in Damages

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Thick black smoke billowed out of a Rockford factory Saturday morning after workers accidentally started a fire.

The Rockford Fire Department says employees at Rodgers Brothers Galvanizing in the 2000 block of Kishwaukke Street were welding when the fire started.

There were only about 15 workers inside at the time, they all got out okay.

Fire crews say there were several chemicals in the building so the hazmat team was brought in, however they say it caused no threat to our health or the environment.

The fire caused more than $250,000 in damage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 270628351 - wifr.com/a?a=270628351
Gray Television, Inc.