Fire Causes Cement Business $20,000 in Damage

BELOIT (WIFR) – Around 1:15am Tuesday morning fire broke out inside a building at Prairie Avenue Concrete on the 3500 block of Prairie Avenue.

When firefighters arrived on scene they could see heavy smoke and flames inside one of the buildings containing a cement hopper. Crews worked quickly to stop the fire from spreading to the rest of the building.

The estimated total damage is $20,000. The cause of the fire is possibly due to an overheated torch. The torch was reportedly being used to warm a frozen water pipe.

Other fire departments who responded to the scene or to mutual aid were City of Beloit, Orfordville, Harlem Roscoe, Edgerton, Juda and South Beloit.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 191793281