How to Enter:
1) Send entry form found on ilsnowsculpting.com/communitysnowsculpting with a photo attached to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 13, 2014
2) Deliver form found on ilsnowsculpting.com/communitysnowsculpting and printed photo to Rockford Park District Customer Service locations at either Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main Street, Rockford, or Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park by January 13, 2014
ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Be on the lookout for “random acts of snow sculpting” going on throughout the community. Signs like the one shown may start appearing outside Rockford Park District facilities and other area locations as a way to encourage the community to create their own snow masterpiece. The Environmental Education and Recreation Team of the Rockford Park District is behind the snow sculptures to raise awareness of the 4th Annual Community Snow Sculpting Contest.
In conjunction with the 28th Annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition, individuals, families, businesses, and area organizations are invited to have some fun outdoors building a snow sculpture. The Community Snow Sculpting Contest is presented by the Rockford Park District, Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition, and 23 WIFR.
- Open to individuals, organizations, and businesses
- Must never have entered a professional snow sculpting competition
- Sculpture must be built on front or back yard property
- Sculpture must be a minimum of three feet in height
- Props allowed, but 75% of creation must be visible snow. (Prop examples: brooms, carrots, scarves, etc.)
- Photo must include the sculptor(s), and will not be returned
- No power tools can be used to create sculpture
- Colors and internal supports are allowed
- All entries will be posted on Facebook.com/ilsnowsculpting
- Everyone who enters and submits a photo will be entered into a drawing to receive one of five Rockford Park District Sampler Packages.
- The BEST sculpture will be selected by a Rockford Park District jury to receive a grand prize of an RPD Sampler Package, PLUS four free Magic Waters tickets and four free tube rentals.
- All winners will be contacted by Jan 14, 2014, and announced at the Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition awards ceremony Jan 18, 2014.
For more information, please contact Atwood Center by calling 815-874-7576 (TTY, 888-871-6171), or e-mailing email@example.com.