BELOIT (WIFR) -- Beginning Monday, March 18, 2013, electors registered to vote in the City of Beloit may cast an absentee ballot in person for the April 2, 2013 Spring Election.
Electors who are not registered to vote and those who need to change their names and/or addresses must bring proof of residence to register. Please find the acceptable forms of proof of residence below.
Late registration and absentee voting in person will be available from Monday, March 18th through Thursday, March 28th in the City Clerk’s office on the second floor of City Hall. In celebration of the Spring Holiday, City Hall will be closed on Friday, March 29th. However, electors may still register and vote by absentee ballot on March 29th on the first floor of City Hall, outside The Forum. Electors who would like an absentee ballot mailed to them must make the request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; via mail to 100 State Street, Beloit, WI 53511; or in person at the City Clerk’s office.
Photo identification or other proof of identity will not be required to obtain an absentee ballot
or to obtain a regular ballot on Election Day at the polling place for this Election.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact the City of Beloit City Clerk’s office by phone at (608) 364-6680 or by email at email@example.com.
One of the following is required to register to vote in the Clerk’s office during the closed registration period or on Election Day at the Polling Place:
• A current and valid Wisconsin driver’s license
• A current and valid Wisconsin identification card
• Any other Official ID Card or license issued by a Wisconsin Governmental body
• An ID card with your photo issued by an employer during the normal course of business (not
including a business card)
• A real estate tax bill or receipt (for the current year or year before the election
• A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day
• A university, college, or technical college identification card (must include photo) together with
a fee payment receipt issued to the cardholder by the university, college or technical college
dated no earlier than 9 months before the date of the election at which the receipt is presented
• A utility bill for a period starting no earlier than 90 days before Election Day
• A bank statement or current pay check
• A government check or any other official document issued by a unit of government
All of the above must contain a current and complete name, including both first and last
name; and a current and complete residential address, including numbered street address, if any, and the name of the municipality. If the form has an expiration date, it must be valid on Election Day. An individual may not register or vote without one of the above forms of proof of residence.