Stove Causes Fire at Rockford Apartment Building

By: 23 Newsroom
By: 23 Newsroom

A stove fire in a Rockford apartment building sends one person to the hospital.

The fire started just after 9 p.m. Tuesday night in a second floor kitchen of an eight family apartment building at 1627 Overdene Ave.

Rockford firefighters rescued four people inside the building. One person was taken to Rockford Memorial Hospital for evaluation.

Damage is estimated at $25,000.


23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 745827 - wifr.com/a?a=745827