Neighbor Alerts Sleeping Man to Fire

A Cherry Valley man is burned out of his house Wednesday morning.

Four different fire departments were called to the fire at 5878 Darlene. Firemen say one person was home at the time.He was able to get out safely. A neighbor noticed the fire and alerted the man.

The fire did significant damage to the house. The cause of the fire is still under the investigation.

Fire authorities believe it started in the garage. The homeowner's car in the garage was destroyed by the blaze.

23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 667981 -
Gray Television, Inc.