Cherry Valley firefighters say two children playing with a lighter are the cause of a blaze on the city's southeast side.
The blaze began earlier Thursday at a home on Wheatland Terrace. Firefighters say two five-year-olds were setting clothes and paper on fire in their basement.
One of the flames got out of hand and sparked the blaze. Everyone in the home was able to escape safely.
Damage is estimated at $40,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.