House Fire on City's Northwest Side

By: 23 Newsroom
By: 23 Newsroom

Rockford firefighters say a space heater is to blame for a house fire on the city's northwest side.

The home on West Street is a complete loss. The blaze sparked early Wednesday morning in a bedroom on the second floor. One person was treated and released from Swedish American Hospital for smoke inhalation.

Fire investigators say a space heater in the bedroom was placed too close to flammable objects.


23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 616002