Early Morning Fire Leaves Man Homeless

By: 23 Newsroom
By: 23 Newsroom

The fire started around 3 a.m. Friday morning at 319 Johnston Street in Rockford.

Rockford fire fighters say a pan of grease on the stove ignited. When fire fighters arrived, the first floor was completely engulfed.

The man who lived in the home was asleep. He and his dog were able to get out safely. Damage is estimated at $40,000.

Fire fighters say there were no working smoke detectors in the home.

23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 536887 - wifr.com/a?a=536887
Gray Television, Inc.