Infant Dies in Early Morning Apartment Fire

By: 23 Weekend News
By: 23 Weekend News

An apartment caught fire in the 500-block of Walnut St. this morning, killing a 15-month-old child.

It happened at 510 Walnut St. in downtown Rockford. Firefighters responded to reports of heavy smoke pouring out upstairs windows around 5:30 a.m. That's when they found out the child was inside the apartment. Two other children and two adults escaped, but 15-month-old William Gary was not so lucky. He died of smoke inhalation and various burns. The fire resulted in an estimated $80,000 in damages


23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 4403206 - wifr.com/a?a=4403206
Gray Television, Inc.