Shortly after midnight -- a six-unit condominium complex on Rockford's eastside caught fire.
Rockford fire officials say the front end of the unit at 7425 Coliseum Ave. was fully engulfed in flames on both levels when they arrived.
Fire officials believe the woman who lived there put her cigarette butts in a wooden planter on the patio. The planter caught fire. That condo and the neighboring unit suffered major fire damage. The two adjoining condos had smoke damage.
Rockford firefighters went at the fire with four hoses. Damage estimate is at quarter million dollars.