Coroner Jenifer Keach says temperatures were in the 90’s with high humidity when 30-year-old Christopher Marshall was found unresponsive Monday at the Amwood Homes plant where he was yard foreman.
A preliminary autopsy was inconclusive on the cause of death. The company says Marshall spent a lot of time moving materials and loading trucks in an area that wasn't air-conditioned. After Marshall collapsed, Amwood president Doug Scott says workers were told about the warning signs of heat stroke and were encouraged to take a break and drink water.
Keach is waiting for toxicology tests that might reveal factors in the death such as medications or previous medical problems.