A Freeport family is homeless Saturday night after a fire destroys their house. The blaze broke out at the 3900 block of South Baileyville Road in rural Freeport. Luckily, no one was home because when firefighters arrived they say the house was completely engulfed in flames.
It was a difficult fire to battle because of the houses construction. Firefighters say that since the house was partially brick that element kept the heat in and released the fire and heat through the roof. This made it difficult to battle the fire head on.
The rural location of the house also created a problem. Firefighters were forced to call in neighboring departments to bring in water. The Salvation Army is aiding the family with clothing and shelter
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.