Fire forces a family out of their home in south Rockford Wednesday night.
Around 4 p.m. Wednesday afternoon, some teenagers noticed smoke coming out of the house next door on Emmett Drive. Their dad called 911.
When firefighters arrived, flames had spread from the basement up through the floor into the living room.
Rockford district Chief Jerry Wiltfang says the fire started from an electrical short.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.