- President Barack Obama says 7.1 million Americans enrolled for health care coverage by Monday's midnight deadline. He's praising the achievement of overcoming lost weeks at the start of sign-ups last fall.
- Uninsured Americans have just ten days left to get health insurance under the Affordable Care Act, otherwise they could face a fine. But a recent change in the law allows almost everyone to opt out of ObamaCare and avoid a penalty.
- The Winnebago County Health Department (WCHD) has opened and Affordable Care Act (ACA) Enrollment Center with expanded hours, designed to better serve area residents requesting health insurance through the Federal Insurance Marketplace.
- One local health agency says fewer people are asking for help to sign up for healthcare coverage under the Affordable Healthcare Act even though we have until March 31, to enroll without facing a penalty.
- In remembrance of Martin Luther King’s birthday, Lifescape Community Services will be holding an open health insurance enrollment event. Between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on January 20th, Lifescape navigators will be answering questions and enrolling the general public through the Affordable Care Act
In March 2010, President Obama signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) into law. What's this you ask? Check out the resources listed below to learn more about what this means for you and your family.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Pat Shaw, 815-987-5300 x304, firstname.lastname@example.org
Station Contact Info:
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333