Here is a list of the 2007 winners!
D Ann Erickson – 4 passes to the Pepsi Chalet – Flight with participant.
15 runner ups listed below. They get 2 passes to the Pepsi Chalet:
Harold D. Rials, Misty Williams, Michael Petrie, Michelle Baily, Christine Hues, Alice Whichman, Shaun LaRue, Jennifer Robinson, Linda Ven Rooy, T.C. Driskell, Jeanette Rafferty, Jeffrey Bouril, Vi Rothermel, Angie Thomas, and Connie Carlson
Official 2007 AIRFEST Contest Rules
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The ticket giveaway and free air show participant ride are open to all legal US residents who live in the WIFR-TV viewing area (the Nielsen defined DMA), age 18 years or older, except employees (and their immediate families and household members) of WIFR-TV (“WIFR”), Pepsi-Cola, Frito-Lay and their respective parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising promotion agencies and affiliated entities (the "Sponsors"). Persons who have won a prize from any of the Sponsors within the past six months are ineligible to participate. Void wherever taxed, prohibited or restricted by law. Winners are subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the ticket giveaway and free ride contest, entrants (i) agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations, (ii) agree that Illinois courts have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the contest and (iii) agree to sign the Contest Participate Release.
2. HOW TO ENTER: From 5:00pm (CT) on Monday, May 21, 2007 through 10:35pm (CT) on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 (the “Promotional Period”), WIFR will conduct a Contest encouraging participants to watch 23 News at 5, 6, and 10 p.m. weekdays. During these newscasts, “23 News, an on-air promo mention stating an AIRFEST "Word of the Day." To enter, participants must log on to WIFR’s website, located at www.wifr.com (the “Website”) and complete and submit the online entry form (the “Entry Form”), including their name, address, daytime phone number, email address and the "Word of the Day." OR they can submit the entry by mail to: 2523 North Meridian Rd. Rockford, IL 61101. To be eligible, all entries must contain the correct answer to the corresponding “Word of the Day” and be received by 10:35 p.m. (CT) on May 29, 2007. All other entries will be deemed void. All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual person and prizes will only be awarded to the person whose name is on each winning entry, regardless of e-mail account ownership or other circumstances. Limit one (1) entry per person, e-mail address or household per twenty-four hour period. All entries become the property of WIFR and will not be acknowledged or returned.
No mechanical reproductions, online entries, or facsimiles accepted by Sponsors and all such entries will be void. Sponsors are not responsible for misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, delayed, undelivered, damaged or illegible entries, and all such entries will be void. Sponsors are also not responsible for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Contest, whether computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, in any Contest-related materials or that may limit prize fulfillment or a participant’s ability to enter the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Contest should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any participant who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by tampering with any Website mechanism, acting in a disruptive manner or violating these Official Rules. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys' fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
3. HOW TO WIN: One Grand Prize Winner (the “Winner”) will be randomly chosen by a representative of WIFR on or around Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 12:00pm (CT) from among all correct, eligible entries received throughout the Promotional Period. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding on all participants. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of correct, eligible entries received during the Promotional Period by the dates and times specified above. The Winner will be announced in an on-air promo spot on WIFR during a broadcast of the Show. WIFR shall also notify the Winner either by telephone or email within five (2) [5 or 2?] business days of Winner’s selection. The Winner must meet all eligibility requirements and reply and execute all necessary releases before being allowed to participate in the winning flight. In the event that the Contest is canceled or ended prematurely due to the reasons set forth in paragraph 2 above, the Winner shall be randomly chosen by a representative of WIFR from all qualified correct, eligible entries received as of the time of the impairment.
4. PRIZES: One (1) Winner will receive a demonstration flight with one of the participating acts at the 2007 Rockford Airfest prior to the actual Airfest performances begin.
Fifteen (15) winners of two tickets each will also be drawn from correct entries. These winners will be given tickets to the Pepsi Chalet for the Friday Night, June 1, 2007, performance of the air show. Tickets must be picked up at the studios of 23 WIFR at 2523 N. Meridian Road, Rockford, IL 61101.
In the event that of, or a portion of, the Airfest is cancelled or delayed, no other tickets will be available. And if the demonstration flight is not available for any reason, there will be no substitute available.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering this Contest, entrants: (i) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsors which are final and binding in all matters; and (ii) grant Sponsors and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residence, voices, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, notification or permission, for the purpose of advertising and publicity in any and all manner or media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. The Winner of the demonstration ride may be required to produce proof of identity, address and birth date, as well as sign an affidavit of eligibility, tax acknowledgment form (as applicable), liability release and, except where prohibited by law, use of name and likeness releases in order to claim the prize. Such documents must be completed in full and returned before actual flight is taken. Failure to do so or if: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential Winner is determined to be ineligible for any reason, will result in disqualification of such Winner and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing at the Sponsors’ discretion. Sponsors will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternate winner but in the event an alternate winner cannot be determined in the time frame necessitated by the nature of the prize, the prize will not be awarded.
Sponsors and their respective parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies and affiliated entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and entrants agree to hold Sponsors harmless for any and all liability and/or injury or loss (financial or otherwise) to any person or property (including death) relating to participation in this Contest, the acceptance, delivery and/or subsequent redemption, use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Sponsors are not responsible for any loss (financial or otherwise), liability, injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any material from the Website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsors or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Website by a hypertext link. Sponsors further assume no liability either for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Contest for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants and/or Winner.
6. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER’S LIST REQUESTS: For a copy of the Official Rules or the Winner’s List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address beginning May 21, 2007: (Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winner’s List”) WIFR Contest, 2523 North Meridian Road, Rockford, IL 61101.