STATELINE (WIFR) -- The Boone and Winnebago Counties Workforce Investment Board, at its 2012 Annual Meeting in September, announced seven new board members.
Joining the board are:
• Beverly Long (Rockford Health System)
• Amanda Smith (RVC Adult Education & Literacy)
• Gary Evans (Castle Bank)
• Frank Rotello (Alpha Controls)
• Shelly Cassaro (Rockford Housing Authority)
• Jon Skorburg (Nexstar Broadcasting)
• Dr. Lori Fanello (Regional Office of Education)
Leaving the board are Jon Bates, Dan Parod and John Cressman.
The Workforce Investment Board announced earlier its officers for the coming year:
• Chairman: Paul Callighan, Com-Ed
• Vice-Chair: Karen Brown,OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
• Secretary-Treasurer: Amy Ott, Chicago-Rockford International Airport
• Director-at-Large: Mark Stefanic, SupplyCore
The mission of the Boone and Winnebago Counties Workforce Investment Board is to create a competitive, skilled and educated workforce by providing a system for the citizens of Boone and Winnebago Counties to gain meaningful employment responsive to the needs of business.