WINNEBAGO COUNTY (WIFR) -- Even though Winnebago County Animal Services has adopted over 490 cats in 2013, the adoption rooms are still full of cats and kittens waiting for homes. So the shelter, located at 4517 North Main Street in Rockford, is having a $5 Fall Feline Frenzy Adoption Event from Tuesday, September 24 through Thursday, October 31, 2013. Adopt a cat or kitten for $5 and receive the following services for free: spay or neuter, microchip, age appropriate vaccinations, rabies shot, one year Winnebago County rabies tag, bag of food, and more.
Each adopter will be qualified using normal adoption procedures and requirements. Adopters who qualify may adopt one cat or kitten at the reduced adoption fee and a second one at the regular adoption fee. This offer is also good at the Animal Services
off-site adoption locations in the Machesney Park Petsmart and the Loves Park Terri’s Aqualand stores.
Currently Winnebago County Animal Services has over 80 cats for adoption. Adopting a cat has its advantages:
• Cats don’t have to go for daily walks
• Cats don’t need to be let outside for potty breaks several times a day
• Cats are Purr-fect for busy, employed or active people
• Cats are self-cleaning and don’t need baths
• Cats make wonderful apartment pets
• Cats are usually quieter and don’t bark
• Cats are great companions for seniors
Take advantage of this opportunity and help Animal Services save more lives. Visit the website at www.wcasrock.org to find your new furry feline friend or call us at
815-319-4100 for more information