ROCKFORD (WIFR) – Winnebago County Animal Services is celebrating June as Adopt a Cat Month by offering $5 adult cat adoptions from June 2-30, 2014.
Adopt any adult cat one year and older at the 4517 North Main Street location, as well as the off-site adoption center inside the Machesney Park Petsmart. Each adopter will be qualified using normal adoption procedures and requirements. Limit one $5 cat adoption per household; the second adult cat would be $40.
All cat adoptions include spay or neuter, microchip, vaccinations including rabies and rabies tag, deworming, dry food, and more.
Currently Winnebago County Animal Services has over 60 cats for adoption. Adopting an adult cat has its advantages:
• They are more likely to be litter trained and used to living in a home
• They do not require as much supervision as energetic kittens
• They are typically better behaved (no need to kitten-proof your house)
• They are more independent and are okay if left home alone while you work
• They are Purr-fect for busy, employed or active people
• They make wonderful apartment pets
• They also are wonderful companions for seniors
Take advantage of this opportunity and help Animal Services save more lives. Visit the website at www.wcasrock.org to find your new furry feline friend or call 815-319-4100 for more information.