MACHESNEY PARK (WIFR) -- Two homes in Machesney Park have quite a bit of damage after fires broke out late Saturday night.
The first happened around 11pm at 412 Sycamore Lane. North Park Fire crews say the homeowners were using a smoker in the garage. When they lifted the lid it was engulfed in flames and quickly spread to the garage wall, then to the attic and breezeway. The fire caused about $30,000 in damages.
While crews were battling that fire they were called to a home at 703 Ramona Terrace. Fire fighters say a light fixture sparked a fire on the wall that attached the home to the garage. The blaze only caused about $8,000 in damages.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.