BELOIT (WIFR) -- Todd Elementary School has been named a School of Merit by the Wisconsin RtI Center, recognizing staff efforts in creating environments that allow for academic achievements for all students.
The Schools of Distinction and Merit programs recognize schools that have made achievements in enacting RtI frameworks for academics (mathematics and reading). All Wisconsin schools are eligible to apply for any of the awards. Only 7 schools across the state received Distinction (1) or Merit (6) honors.
Wisconsin RtI Center academics Schools of Merit show the following characteristics:
• Have participated in the Wisconsin RtI Center Foundational Overview training
• Achieve a high score on the School-Wide Implementation Review (SIR) during the current school year, showing a fully implemented multi-level system of support
• Have school leadership teams that meet regularly
• Have active RtI coordination and administrative leadership
• Have established levels of support for students based on the Common Core State Standards
• Actively use data about the school and the individual students to action plan and guide implementation
• Actively use data for team-based decision making and problem solving at both the systems and student level
More information on the awards, including a full listing of honorees, can be found at www.wisconsinrticenter.org/educators/rti-in-action/recognized-schools.html.