Suspect in the Attack on The U.S. Consulate Freed

By: AP
By: AP

Tunisia (AP) -- A lawyer for the Tunisian suspect in the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi says his client has been conditionally freed for lack of evidence.

Ali Harzi was the only suspect in custody over the Sept. 11 attack on the consulate in Libya that killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

His lawyer Anwar Oued-Ali said Tuesday that he was freed Monday night. Al Harzi has to remain in the greater Tunis area in case the court needs him. He had previously been interrogated by FBI officials.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 185993222 - wifr.com/a?a=185993222