Below is the list of Stateline communities that have declared snow emergencies in anticipation of the winter weather forecasted January 31, 2014 into February 1, 2014.
The CITY OF ROCKFORD has declared a snow emergency effective at 8:00 a.m. February 1, 2014. Odd/Even parking will be placed into effect at that time.
The VILLAGE OF MACHESNEY PARK has declared a Snow Emergency starting at 8:00 p.m. on January 31st, 2014. During this emergency, no vehicles may park or stand on any road, highway, roadway shoulder, ditch or any other property used, or which could be used, as a roadway within the Village of Machesney Park until such road or highway has been completely cleared of snow.
Further information may be obtained from the Village of Machesney Park at 877-5432, or at the Winnebago County Sheriffs Police, Machesney Park Division at 877-5519
The CITY OF FREEPORT has declared a snow emergency. Winter parking regulations are in effect until 5:00 a.m. Monday, February 3rd, 2014.
The VILLAGE OF WINNEBAGO has declared that the snow ordinance is in effect starting at 8:00 Friday January 31, 2014. No vehicles are to be on the street after 2 inches of snow has fallen.
The CITY OF STERLING has declared a snow emergency will be in effect starting at 6:00 Friday, January 31, 2014. No vehicles may be parked on snow routes until all snow has been removed. Parking is also not allowed in the central business district or in city parking lots from 1:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Odd/even parking will be in effect on all other city streets. If you have any questions regarding these parking restrictions, please call the Sterling Police Department at 815-632-6640 or the Public Works Department at 815-632-6657.
The CITY OF BELOIT has declared a snow emergency from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 1, 2014. No vehicles may be parked on any city streets during this time.The following parking lots have been designated as official areas for off-street parking during the snow emergency:
- Krueger Park Upper Parking Lot (Hackett St. at House St.): East lots only
- Krueger Golf Course Lot (1611 Hackett St.): South lot between designated signs
- Wootten Park (4th Street at Maple Avenue): South end between designated signs
- Riverside Park Rotary Center (1220 Riverside Drive): Two Center Row between the signs
- Riverside Park Jones Shelter (access via westbound Portland Avenue): All areas
- Angel Museum (656 Pleasant Street): All areas
- Iron Works South Parking Lot (3rd Street & Grand Avenue): West side of lot (along 4th Street fence) between designated signs
- Iron Works North Parking Lot (Ironworks & 3rd Street): North end of lot between designated signs
- Fourth Street Public Parking (west side of 4th Street between La Casa Grande & Brass Rail): Center island between designated signs
- West Grand Public Parking (229 West Grand Avenue): Between designated signs
- Telfer Park Parking Lot (2100 Cranston Road): Southeast lot between designated signs