ROCK COUNTY (WIFR) -- Alcohol compliance checks were completed in Rock County on April 30, 2014 in effort to enforce liquor laws in Rock County.
Underage adults entered businesses throughout Rock County to try to buy alcoholic beverages. Businesses and staff who were caught selling alcohol to underage buyers were issued municipal citations and referred to the District Attorney for prosecution. Under the supervision of sheriff’s deputies, underage adults were able to buy alcohol at these six Rock County businesses:
• Lions Quick Mart, 1620 W. Highway 14, Janesville, WI
• Footville Mini-Mart, 509 S. Gilbert St., Footville, WI
• County Line Beverage, 4141 S. County Trunk T, Brodhead, WI
• Jakes Mobile, 6501 S. Highway 51, Janesville, WI
• Carl’s Shell, 11180 N. Goede Rd., Edgerton, WI
• Lucy’s Hideaway, 5847 E. County Trunk N, Milton, WI
Each clerk at these six establishments received a citation in the amount of $452.50.
Sheriff Spoden will direct personnel to meet with the local area businesses that were not in compliance in order to educate staff in the seriousness of the illegal sales. Sheriff Spoden would also like to congratulate the following business for remaining vigilant in complying with alcohol sales:
• Newville Mobile, 581 E. Richardson Springs Rd., Edgerton, WI
• Mickey’s Cellar Tavern, 11140 North Ridge Rd., Edgerton, WI
• Snuffy’s Inn, 3538 E. County Trunk N, Milton, WI
• Highway Hummers, 3226 E. County Trunk S, Beloit, WI
• The Little Store, 11744 S. County Trunk K, Beloit, WI