ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- On Monday, March 31, 2014, the Rockford Police Department Community Services Unit combined efforts with the Winnebago County Health Department to conduct tobacco compliance checks at retailers in the City of Rockford. During the checks, revenue from the Winnebago County Health Department and minors employed by the Winnebago County Health Department were utilized to make controlled purchases of tobacco products from area businesses.
24 stores were checked in the City of Rockford. The following stores sold tobacco products to minors and the clerks at the following businesses were issued citations for “Sale of Tobacco Products to Minors”:
1) Cigarettes and More Store, 3816 Auburn St.
2) Phillip 66, 3135 N. Rockton Ave
3) Mobil Gas Station, 1132 Harrison Ave
4) Sara Mini Mart, 828 Broadway
5) Discount Cigarettes and Pop Plus, 321 7th Street
6) S & H Tobacco, 2744 11th Street
7) Olivo’s Market, 301 7th Street