ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- This Tuesday, December 10, will mark one year since the accident involving the REACT helicopter and the loss of flight nurses Jim Dillow and Karen Hollis and pilot Andy Olesen. Rockford Health System will hold a number of private recognition activities that have been planned and coordinated with the families and the REACT crew to reflect their wishes.
- On Tuesday, December 10, all RHS employees are encouraged to wear blue shirts, REACT t-shirts and other similar “blue” items to help recognize the day, along with blue silicone wristbands that were distributed following the accident with “REACT-12/10/12.”
- A private remembrance service for the REACT crew and family members will take place on Tuesday in the REACT hangar. Also that day, physicians, employees and volunteers are invited to a private remembrance service in the hospital auditorium that will include quiet reflection and a time to share.
- The EMS flag will fly on the main flagpole at the North Rockton Ave. campus.
- At 3 p.m., we are asking all employees to pause for a moment of silence to honor our three fallen crew members. Chaplain Barry Britton will share a brief message on the overhead paging system on the North Rockton Ave. campus, followed by the ringing of three bells.
- Members of the public are invited to share messages of support and remembrance by:
o Visiting www.rockfordhealthsystem.org/REACT
o Sending an e-mail to REACT@rhsnet.org
o Sharing your thoughts on the RHS Facebook page on Tuesday, December 10.