Rockford Family’s Home Deemed Unsafe after Fire

ROCKFORD (WIFR) – A Rockford family’s house is deemed unsafe after a fire this afternoon.

Luckily, everyone made it out okay. Emergency crews believe it started in the attic of this home on Grant Park Boulevard off of Kishwaukee Street at around 2pm today.

Investigators say it took fire crews about 20 minutes to extinguish the fire which was likely caused by a faulty chimney.

Damage is estimated at $25,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 204033151 - wifr.com/a?a=204033151