ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- On Monday, February 24, 2014, the Rockford Police Department Community Services Unit and the Neighborhood Response Unit combined efforts with the Winnebago County Health Department to conduct tobacco compliance checks at retailers in the City of Rockford. During the checks, revenue from the Winnebago County Health Department and minors employed by the Winnebago County Health Department were utilized to make controlled purchases of tobacco products from area businesses.
114 stores were checked in the City of Rockford. The following stores sold tobacco products to minors and the clerks at the following businesses were issued citations for “Sale of Tobacco Products to Minors”:
1) Turbo Trade, 2635 11th Street
2) S & H Tobacco, 2744 11th Street
3) Cigarettes and More Store, 3816 Auburn St.
4) Clark Gas Station, 3215 Auburn Street
5) BP Gas, 3420 E. State Street
6) Schnucks, 6410 E. State Street
7) Olivo Market, 301 7th Street
8) Top Mini Market, 1101 Broadway Street
9) Phillips 66, 1630 Rural Street
10) Walgreens, 1201 E. State Street