Retirement Center Damaged in Fire

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- The Rockford Fire Department was dispatched to the 2700 block of Mulford Rd. for a retirement complex fire just before 10:00 a.m. November 1.

The first units who responded discovered a light in a hallway had shorted out and burned. The plastic cover had fallen onto the carpet and created a large amount of smoke. The fire was controlled quickly, however heavy smoke filled two wings of the complex and light smoke was present throughout the entire building.

To account for residents, Firefighters had to relocate. Residents involved were relocated to another area of the building while the investigation and ventilation process took place.

All rooms were checked and residents were able to return. A worker transported herself to the doctor due to a possible asthma problem. No injuries sustained by firefighters were reported.

The cause of the fire was accidental and the Rockford Fire Department estimated a loss of $5,000.


23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 176852611 - wifr.com/a?a=176852611
Gray Television, Inc.