Beloit House Fire That Killed 2 Ruled Accidental

BELOIT, Wis. (AP) -- Investigators have ruled accidental a Beloit house fire that killed two people and injured a third.

But officials still don't know the exact source of the March 5 fire.

WISC-TV reports fire officials say the fire started in the dining room, and could have been started by different items, including a ceiling light fixture, wiring associated with the light fixture, light bulbs or a humidifier.

Authorities say there were two battery-operated smoke detectors in the home, one in the basement and another on the main level.

Sixty-one-year-old Clint Christensen and his 33-year-old daughter, Jaime Christensen, died in the fire. A third victim, 60-year-old Caren Christensen, was treated and released from University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison.
------
Information from: WISC-TV, http://www.channel3000.com



BELOIT (WIFR) – A fund has now been set up for the Beloit family who lost two family members in a fire that also left a woman badly injured.

Clint Christensen and his daughter Jaime,33, were killed in the house fire on Fairview Drive on Wednesday. Caren, 60, survived by jumping out the second story window.

A fire relief fund has been set up at Blackhawk Bank to help the family pay for funeral and medical expenses. We can go to any Blackhawk Bank location and ask for the money to be donated to the Fire Relief Fund in Care of Wendy Humphres.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 249163121 - wifr.com/a?a=249163121