LOVES PARK (WIFR) -- Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful will relocate its Recycling Center in Roscoe to the parking lot at 5253 McCurry Road (the former Warner Electric building) starting Saturday, September 29 from 9 a.m. until noon.
“Due to the closing of our former host site on North Second Street, Roscoe, we have had to relocate our Recycling Center, at least temporarily,” said Lori Gummow, executive director of Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful. “We are thankful for the support of several companies who have stepped up to assist in this effort, including parking lot and building owner American Aluminum Extrusion Co. and Rock Disposal.”
“On Saturday, September 29th, people who normally bring cans, plastic bottles and other household items to our Roscoe Center, can find us around the corner on McCurry Road, East of the intersection of Illinois 251,” said Gummow. “On an average weekend, 120 vehicles come through the center,” she added.
The Recycling Center accepts the following items:
• Glass Containers: Food jars and bottles only (green, brown and clear). Rinse thoroughly. Caps and lids are not accepted.
• Plastic Containers: Bottles coded #1 and #2 with “necks and shoulders”. Rinse thoroughly. Caps and lids are not accepted.
• Six-Pack Rings
• Metal Cans: Food cans only.
• Aluminum: Cans and scrap (foil, pie tins, etc.)
• Corrugated Cardboard
• Phone Books
• Paper: Newspapers, sale ads, junk mail, paper bags, office paper, computer paper, chipboard and magazines.
• Cell Phones
Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful’s Recycling Center is the only all-volunteer staffed and operated recycling center in the region. It has been open year-round on Saturday mornings for more than 22 years.
Since 1988, Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful has positioned itself as an outcome-based organization engaging all elements of the community to enhance neighborhoods by reducing, reusing and recycling the world’s resources for future generations. For additional information, or to volunteer, call 815-637-1343, visit the website at www.knib.org or find them on Facebook.