ROCKFORD –– The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Board of Directors announces the election of new officers and board members.
The board elected the following officers to serve one-year terms from May 2014 – May 2015.
• Darrell Snorek, Chairman
• Roberta Holzwarth, Vice Chairman
• Gary Strakeljahn, Treasurer
• Bill LaFever, Secretary
Darrell Snorek is Vice President of Sales at LaMonica Beverages; Roberta Holzwarth is an attorney with Holmstrom & Kennedy; Gary Strakeljahn is Director of Outside Business at First Rockford Group; and Bill LaFever is President of Bill Doran Co.
Two new members will join the board for a three-year term beginning May 2014 and ending May 2017:
• Tim Myers, general manager/general sales manager – WIFR TV
• Ken Strawbridge, senior vice president/COO – YMCA of Rock River Valley
The following members were re-elected to their board seats for an additional three-year term (May 2014 – May 2017):
• Patrick Curran – Curran’s Orchard
• Alderman Jamie Getchius – City of Rockford
• Darrell Snorek, vice president of sales – LaMonica Beverages
• Gary Strakeljahn, director of outside business – First Rockford Group
Additionally, two board members have joined the board. Michael Nicholas, president, RAEDC replaces Don Thayer, former interim president of RAEDC. Nicholas is an ex-officio voting member. City of South Beloit Commissioner Alice Schoonover joined the board as a liaison to the city as a result of a new relationship and contract between South Beloit and RACVB.
Outgoing board members and retiring officers will be recognized at the RACVB’s board meeting on Wednesday, May 28, 2014.