Mattress Catches on Fire in Rockford

By: Raquel Moore
By: Raquel Moore
A mattress caught on fire at an apartment on the 1600 block of Overdene Avenue in Rockford.

MGN Online

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- A mattress caught on fire at an apartment on the 1600 block of Overdene Avenue in Rockford. Firefighters were called to the scene around 4 P.M.

Investigators believe the fire may have started from someone smoking, or it was caused by electrical wires.

Damages are estimated to total $1,000. Luckily, no one was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 248456621 - wifr.com/a?a=248456621