ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- 53-year-old Gregory Stewart of Forreston died yesterday after being electrocuted at Lowes Distribution Center.
Around 3:30 p.m. on January 30th, the Rockford Fire Department received a medical call at Lowes Distribution Center on S. Springfield Avenue. When paramedics arrived, Stewart was totally unresponsive and had unstable vital signs. He was transported by ambulance to Rockford Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead in the ER.
Stewart was a Maintenance Supervisor at Lowes. He is said to have been working in a false ceiling above a conference room when a coworker heard a noise and called out to him. The coworker then went to his aid, brought him down the ladder and CPR was initiated.