Man Dies of Electrocution at Lowes Distribution Center

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- 53-year-old Gregory Stewart of Forreston died yesterday after being electrocuted at Lowes Distribution Center.

Around 3:30 p.m. on January 30th, the Rockford Fire Department received a medical call at Lowes Distribution Center on S. Springfield Avenue. When paramedics arrived, Stewart was totally unresponsive and had unstable vital signs. He was transported by ambulance to Rockford Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead in the ER.

Stewart was a Maintenance Supervisor at Lowes. He is said to have been working in a false ceiling above a conference room when a coworker heard a noise and called out to him. The coworker then went to his aid, brought him down the ladder and CPR was initiated.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 189224091 - wifr.com/a?a=189224091
Gray Television, Inc.