ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- The Workforce Connection is planning a series of events of mark Workforce Development Week in Illinois.
The events are designed to help individuals in the northern Illinois region connect to the
services they need to find employment or enroll in job training and other classes.
• UPS will be recruiting seasonal part-time workers at The Workforce Connection
office in Rockford, 303 North Main Street, on Monday, August 25th from 9:00am
• Rock Valley College will hold an enrollment session for its Adult Education
and GED Prep classes at The Workforce Connection on Monday, August 25th
from 9-11am. This is the final sign-up before classes begin September 3rd.
• A workshop offering Help In Your Job Search! is being held Tuesday, August
26th at The Workforce Connection in Freeport, 27 West Stephenson from 1:00-
• Illinois Department of Employment Security will host workshops to help people
find jobs using its Illinois JobLink website. The workshops will be held
Wednesday, August 27th at The Workforce Connection in Rockford at 9:00am
and 2:00pm and at the Freeport Public Library, 100 East Douglas Street, at
• Goodwill of Northern Illinois is hosting a workshop on Wednesday, August 27th
at 1:30pm on “Needs and Wants: Financial Skills for your Job Search” at its
office at 615 N Longwood Street in Rockford.
• The Workforce Connection in Belvidere, 998 Belvidere Road, will host a
workshop on Thursday, August 28th from 9:00-11:00am for individuals
interesting in learning more about Job Training in Manufacturing.
• A free Beginning Computer Class is being offered on Thursday, August 28th
from 1:00-4:00pm at The Workforce Connection in Rockford. Registration is
required at 815-847-7588.
• There will be a workshop on Resume and Interviewing Tips presented on
Thursday, August 28th at 2:00pm at The Workforce Connection in Rockford. The
workshop is being presented by Rasmussen College in preparation for the
school’s September 10th job fair.