Janesville Residents Treated for Gas Poisoning

By: AP
By: AP

JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) -- Firefighters say eight people in Janesville have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning since Saturday.

The Janesville Gazette reports the most recent call came at 4:30 a.m. Monday. Dean Latka called for help after his wife woke up complaining she was hot and had a headache. He woke up the couple's daughter and son, who both complained of headaches as well. Latka got them out of the house and called firefighters.

All four of them were taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital, where they took oxygen for several hours before being released.

Janesville Fire Department Lt. Kent Shea says people should install carbon monoxide detectors on every level of their homes and have their furnaces checked annually.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 234238741 - wifr.com/a?a=234238741