House Fire in Belvidere Sparks $50,000 in Damage

BELVIDERE (WIFR) -- A house fire on 12th Avenue in Belvidere causes nearly $50,000 in damage, according to Fire Chief David Worrell.

Firefighters got the call around 3:00 p.m. Thursday when a neighbor saw flames coming out of the back bed room.

No one was home, so the neighbor saved a dog from the fire.

Worrell says there is is a lot of damage inside the home.Four area fire departments were called to fight the fire.

No one was hurt.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus