CALEDONIA (WIFR) -- Harlem-Roscoe Firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire on Free Church Rd. this morning. When crews arrived, they encountered a fire in the attic. The fire was extinguished quickly. No one was home at the time of the fire, although two pet dogs were removed unharmed from the home. The fire was contained to the attic and the cause appears to be electrical.
The combination of the outside temperature with heat indexes near 100 degrees and the even hotter attic temperature was challenging on the firefighters. Crews were rotated quicker to keep them cool. One firefighter was transported to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released for heat related symptoms.
Attached are photos from today's fire as taken by Harlem Roscoe Fire Department Photographer Sheryl Drost.