ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Firefighters battled a garage fire Friday afternoon on Rockford's west side.
The fire broke out in the 400 Block of Lincoln Avenue around 3:00 p.m. When firefighters got the scene the roof on the detached garage had already collapsed. The fire did not spread to the home but did melt its siding. We're told a wood burner could have sparked the fire. It caused around $40,000 in damage. No one was hurt.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.