ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Galapagos Rockford Charter School is now accepting student applications for grades kindergarten through eighth grade. Parents applying between now and March 14, 2014 will have an equal opportunity to enroll their child at Galapagos Rockford Charter School. Over the last five years, spots for students have been highly coveted, resulting in waiting lists at most grade levels.
Over the last two years, Galapagos Rockford Charter School has posted the largest year over year performance gains on the ISAT of any school in the Rock River Valley. Galapagos Rockford maintains high expectations and low class sizes in order to ensure that all of its scholars are provided an education that will provide the foundation for college. By applying now, parents will be included in the student lottery to be held on March 21, 2014.
Among some of the factors that differentiate Galapagos Rockford Charter School are:
1) A strong emphasis on academics and scholar self-control.
2) The smallest middle school in the city; allowing for truly individualized instruction.
3) A yearly 7th grade retreat to Wisconsin.
4) College Visits beginning in fourth grade.
5) A yearly 8th grade trip to Washington D.C.
6) The healthiest meal program in the city.