Fire At University Dorm Started With Meth Cooking

By: AP
By: AP

PLATTEVILLE, Wis. (AP) -- Police say it seems a small fire on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus was started when a student tried to make meth.

WKOW-TV reports that the fire started early Saturday. The Rountree Commons dorm was evacuated for about an hour.

Police say a student was trying to cook methamphetamine when the ingredients started a fire in a plastic waste basket. The student put out the fire and emergency crews were called.

Five people suffered smoke-related injuries.

The student was arrested. He's being held on a tentative charge of attempted manufacturing of methamphetamine.

Courtesy: AP


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 178841001