ROCKFORD (WIFR) – It was a scary situation at Guilford High School in Rockford today after part of the school caught fire.
District 205 says a small fire started around 8:20 in the choir room. A heating unit is to blame. Students were evacuated from the building but staff members were able to quickly extinguish the fire.
Classes will continue as normal with the exception of choir classes which are being relocated to other areas of the building.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.