ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- The two men killed in a house fire are remembered by their friends at a special ceremony Saturday night.
Friends of David Caperson and Timothy Porter lit candles and said prayers at the home on Knowlton where they died early Monday morning.
Friends say Caperson and Porter were homeless and staying in the vacant home when it caught fire.
They're being remembered as nice men who had fallen on hard times. Friends call their deaths a tragedy.
"They were very honest people. I never knew of either one to take anything that didn't belong to them, or fighting or carrying on. You know, this is just tragic," Robert Hall, a friend of the victims, said.
Another man was also in the home when it caught on fire, however he was able to get out.