WINNEBAGO COUNTY (WIFR) -- Firefighters are still trying to figure out what sparked the blaze on Rockford's west-side around 9:30 p.m. Monday night. Assistant Chief Roger Flood with Blackhawk Fire Department says there was a wood burning stove inside the building. Three horses and some goats and chickens were killed in the fire. The building is a total loss.
ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Firefighters rushed to a fire inside a metal pole barn on Cunningham Road near Horace around 9:30pm Monday evening.
The barn is about a quarter mile back from the road and surrounded by trees and grass. Investigators say when they got to the scene the shed was already engulfed in flames, and they don't know where the fire started. Officials say the shed holds hay and other items, and there may have been animals inside. There are no hydrants nearby, so several local fire departments were called to truck in water. No firefighters were hurt.
23 News will bring you the latest on this incident as information comes into our newsroom.