Fire Causes Cement Business $20,000 in Damage

BELOIT (WIFR) – Around 1:15am Tuesday morning fire broke out inside a building at Prairie Avenue Concrete on the 3500 block of Prairie Avenue.

When firefighters arrived on scene they could see heavy smoke and flames inside one of the buildings containing a cement hopper. Crews worked quickly to stop the fire from spreading to the rest of the building.

The estimated total damage is $20,000. The cause of the fire is possibly due to an overheated torch. The torch was reportedly being used to warm a frozen water pipe.

Other fire departments who responded to the scene or to mutual aid were City of Beloit, Orfordville, Harlem Roscoe, Edgerton, Juda and South Beloit.

Courtesy: Town of Beloit Fire

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus