BELOIT (WIFR) – Around 1:15am Tuesday morning fire broke out inside a building at Prairie Avenue Concrete on the 3500 block of Prairie Avenue.
When firefighters arrived on scene they could see heavy smoke and flames inside one of the buildings containing a cement hopper. Crews worked quickly to stop the fire from spreading to the rest of the building.
The estimated total damage is $20,000. The cause of the fire is possibly due to an overheated torch. The torch was reportedly being used to warm a frozen water pipe.
Other fire departments who responded to the scene or to mutual aid were City of Beloit, Orfordville, Harlem Roscoe, Edgerton, Juda and South Beloit.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.