ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- A mechanical malfunction causes $100,000 in damage at a local factory. The blaze started around 1pm Saturday at Rocknell Fastener, which is on 11th Street just south of Samuelson.
Crews say a bank of air compressors in Plant 2 caught on fire. The sprinkler system went off and put the flames out.
About a dozen people were working at the time. They all got out okay and were sent home for the day.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.