FEMA Funding Available for Utility Assistance at The Salvation Army

By: WIFR Newsroom
By: WIFR Newsroom

WINNEBAGO COUNTY (WIFR) -- Funding is available for utility assistance through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Utility Assistance Program at The Salvation Army of Winnebago County. Applicants must be residents of Winnebago County and funding is for one month’s assistance. Assistance is available from now until the end of June 2014, or when funds are depleted.

For low-income individuals and families who need assistance paying their utilities forone month.

The following documentation is required at the time of appointment:

1. Photo ID for all adults in the household

2. Social security card for everyone in the household

3. Proof of income such as a paystub

4. Most recent utility bills (NICOR, ComEd, City of Rockford Water)

5. Current food stamp award letter

6. Proof of address for everyone in the household

For additional information or to make an appointment, please contact Gloria Sjogren at 815-972-1135. Funding is administered through The Salvation Army Social Service Department at 416 S. Madison St, Rockford, IL.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 256911511 - wifr.com/a?a=256911511
Gray Television, Inc.