WINNEBAGO COUNTY (WIFR) -- Funding is available for utility assistance through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Utility Assistance Program at The Salvation Army of Winnebago County. Applicants must be residents of Winnebago County and funding is for one month’s assistance. Assistance is available from now until the end of June 2014, or when funds are depleted.
For low-income individuals and families who need assistance paying their utilities forone month.
The following documentation is required at the time of appointment:
1. Photo ID for all adults in the household
2. Social security card for everyone in the household
3. Proof of income such as a paystub
4. Most recent utility bills (NICOR, ComEd, City of Rockford Water)
5. Current food stamp award letter
6. Proof of address for everyone in the household
For additional information or to make an appointment, please contact Gloria Sjogren at 815-972-1135. Funding is administered through The Salvation Army Social Service Department at 416 S. Madison St, Rockford, IL.